Now that Juliette is 4 months old we have had time to use a handful of products and discover our must haves! Here are some of our baby favorites and things that I couldn’t live without as a new Mommy!
1. White Longsleeve Onesies: Our little miss has quite the wardrobe already but I was sure to stock up on a bunch of plain white long sleeve onesies. It’s so simple to pair them with any color bib and leggings. Add a headband and you’re good to go! It’s a bonus if they have the hand mittens attached!
2. Fleece Sleepers: We love love love fleece zipper sleepers! We are home most of the time so these are so cozy to lounge around in on these cold and wet Washington days!
3. Total Baby iPhone App: This app is a lifesaver. I’m not kidding! Most days in my sleep deprived state I can’t even remember what I ate for breakfast. This app does the work for me. It tracks everything down to every detail! Diaper changes, sleep log, nursing sessions, etc. I love that I can even create my own personalized categories, which came in handy when I needed to remember to do Juliette’s mouth exercises every few hours after her tongue and lip tie procedure. This is something I certainly cannot live without!
4. SwaddleMe Swaddles & Hospital Grade Swaddles: When we brought Juliette home from the hospital we discovered she was very picky with her swaddles. She loved to be swaddled (and slept much better) but preferred the hospital grade swaddles. Good thing I bought some really cute muslin ones from Aden + Anais 😐 She started to break free from those swaddles as she grew so we tried the SwaddleMe swaddles since they were velcro. They worked for us and she couldn’t bust out (although she would find a way to stick her little fingers out of the bottom…Houdini baby!)
5. Fisher Price Rock n’ Play: My grandparents were so sweet to get us the HALO Bassinet off of our registry. What did we discover once we were home? She wanted nothing to do with it (Again, she is a very particular little babe!) Finally, after weeks of trying to make the bassinet work a friend let us borrow her rock n’ play to see if Juliette liked it. We were thrilled that she did otherwise we would still be living off a mere few hours of sleep each night! Hopefully our next little will get use out of the HALO!
6. Mam Pacifiers: Juliette likes having a paci and we love using the ones from Mam! I gave her a paci when she was a little over a week old and we have not had any issues with nipple confusion. She has also started using the Avent Pacifiers as well. I like that the Avent pacis are a solid or clear color without any design.
7. Hair Bows & Headbands: Now, these may not be on everyone’s must have list but if you know me this isn’t coming as much of a surprise. I have always wanted to be a girl mom and boy do I have fun dressing and accessorizing her! I am obsessed with headbands and she already has quite the collection. I have ordered headbands off of Amazon and Etsy but I have recently started to make my own!
8. Flour Sack Towels: These honestly should have been number one on this list because these are our favorite burp cloths. They are found in every room of our home because, well, you never know! They are very affordable at just under $5 for a pack at Wal-Mart. I like that they are plain white, a great size and they get softer with each wash.
9. Boppy Nursing Pillow: While doing research for my baby registry I found that not everyone loves using a nursing pillow. I am so glad I have one because it is definitely one of my must haves! Juliette can be a wiggle worm while nursing so I find that using the boppy really helps. Oh, and have any of you tried sleeping with one? Joren laughs because I sleep with it every night! It’s the perfect pillow! I ordered this cover in a minky fabric which makes it even more comfy!
10. Bibs: Joren wasn’t too happy with the number of cute and colorful bibs I ordered prior to Juliette’s arrival. Again with the accessorizing! I always laugh because she ended up being a ‘happy spitter’ and all of the bibs have come in handy! My favorite brands of bandana bibs are from Hudson Baby and Copper Pearl!